Like us on
Link to this site
Permaculture Year Planner
Staying organised is one of the hardest aspects of a busy permaculture lifestyle, whether you live on a rural or urban property. Here is a quick reference to remind you of things that may need doing. This calendar is based on my personal calendar and is constantly changing. It also suggests things that you can do that are environmentally friendly and will enhance your well being as well as that of your local community on a daily basis.
Do you have a suggestion of something you would like to see on our planner? Then tell us about it!
Planting guides are for a temperate zone only. Overhaul and organise half used packets of seeds, etc.
Zone 0 - all in the head!
Zone 1 - in and around the house
- check fire system
- check irrigation
- finish harvest weeds around the house - feed to guinea pigs
- worm farm
Zone 2 - in and around the garden
In the vegie garden
In the nursery
- Take cuttings: encourage good roots to develop by dipping cut end in rooting hormone
- Mulch garden - seaweed, leaves, spoiled hay, straw, newspaper, cardboard, jute and hessian sacking, old cotton clothes, grass clippings - 20 to 30cm deep.
- Check irrigation systems for leaks, drippers for blockages.
In the garden
Zone 3 - poultry and orchard matters
- fertlise and mulch fruit trees
- check irrigation
- remove manure from chook house and compost ready for sweet corn production
Zone 4 - out and about the property, further afield
- Final firewood cutting and clear up dead timbers
- Start cutting grass for fire protection
- Fill fire barrels
- Move and fill fire tanks, check fire pumps
- Start clearning combustible undergrowth
- Salvage mulch material - keep a few bags in the car and collect organic material without disturbing habitat when going out.
- When out and about, take a plastic bag or two or three and pick up litter.
Zone 5 - wild things!
Our ever-changing view!
Moonset ~ Roll Cloud ~ Sunset
|care for earth,
care for people,
Recently Added Pages
Bookworm is currently reading...
This site is sponsored by
ALWAYS LEARNING BOOKS
Publishers of Australian
books on Home Education.
The Educating Parent
Beverley's other websites