Like us on
Link to this site
Permaculture Year Planner
Staying organised is one of the hardest aspects of a busy permaculture lifestyle, whether you live on a rural or urban property. Here is a quick reference to remind you of things that may need doing. This calendar is based on my personal calendar and is constantly changing. It also suggests things that you can do that are environmentally friendly and will enhance your well being as well as that of your local community on a daily basis.
Do you have a suggestion of something you would like to see on our planner? Then tell us about it!
Planting guides are for a temperate zone only. Overhaul and organise half used packets of seeds, etc.
- Presoak seeds for faster germination if behind schedule with sowing, by soaking for two days in rainwater, changing water daily to prevent scouring.
- Fertilise seedlings with seaweed extract or similar.
- Prepare and set codling moth traps, clean out grub hiding places (loose bark, mulch against trunk, etc).
- Get early pumpkins started now.
- Sow artichokes, runner bans, broad beans, beetroot, borccoli, Brusslels sprouts, cabbages, carrots, cauliflowers, celery, kohlrabi, leeks, lettuce, onions, parsley, parsnips, peas, radishes, salsify, silverbeet, spinach, tomatoes, tunips, zucchini.
- Plant out potatoes, seedlings of the above brassicas, lettuce. In warm seasons add capsicums, cucumbers, eggplant, melons, pumpkins, squash, sweetcorn and zucchini.
- Use water glass to prevent apple black spot (apple scab) at a strength of half a perent at 10 to 14 day intervals.
- Check for presence of worms, and introduce to barren areas if necessary.
- Sow artichoke, asparagus, beans, beetroot, cabbage, capiscum, carrot, celery, chickory, cucumber, endive, herbs, kohlrabi, leek, lettuce, marrow, melon, parsnip, peas, potato, pumbkin, radish, silverbeet, squash, sweet corn, tomato.
Our ever-changing view!
Moonset ~ Roll Cloud ~ Sunset
|care for earth,
care for people,
Recently Added Pages
Bookworm is currently reading...
This site is sponsored by
ALWAYS LEARNING BOOKS
Publishers of Australian
books on Home Education.
The Educating Parent
Beverley's other websites